Party Bar Ideas
This week I celebrated my birthday with an ice cream PARTY BAR. Party Bars (also known as food stations) are an instant way to add festivity & fun to any meal or party. Party bars provide an excellent excuse to mingle and a talking point for guests. They also guide you with a theme to decorate with, like my French Crepe’s party bar that I did for my Hospitality class two weeks ago.
Hummus Bar Source
Chili Bar Source
The options are endless with party bars. A few of my favorite bar ideas are:
Smores, Cookies, Yogurt, Nachos, candy and cupcake party bars.
Here’s a great idea: Cupcake Fondue - Perfect for kids and kids at heart!
Cupcake Fondue You will need:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup liquid (orange juice, fruit juice, milk, or water)
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup Miniature-size cupcakes in the flavor of your choice, cooled and unfrosted Assorted sprinkles, chopped nuts, and other toppings
- Make a batch of mini cupcakes or make a pound cake and cut it into cubes.
- Make the fondue by whisking together powdered sugar, orange juice, and corn syrup. Adjust the consistency with a drop of liquid or a dash more powdered sugar until you get have a smooth, thick glaze. Amanda used orange juice for the liquid portion to give it a citrus flavor and cheese-like yellow fondue color. You could also use grape juice for a pastel purple, or milk/water and add your own coloring.
- Pour the frosting into the fondue pot. Add tons to toppings and enjoy!
For a more detailed recipe & the source for this ideas, visit Amanda’s website: